Friday, November 29, 2019

My Last Convention


Komikon Grande 2019 was what would be the last time I attend a convention. This pretty much includes Komiket, Komikon and Supermanila. People have speculated that it's for health reasons and to be honest, they'd be 30% right. The major reason is that I have to prioritize work, the heaviest concentration of which weirdly occurs during such events. To prevent future conflicts, I decided to stop going to conventions. And yeah, it's gotten to be quite exhausting for someone like me.

I will continue to release new books of my own of course, but I will be selling them via Comic Odyssey, Paolo Herras and through the generosity of my other few friends. I will also be selling them at the museum and I can possibly sign your copies there. I don't work at the museum though, so you'll have to set an appointment ahead of time. As in a week before. From now until January though, I might not be able to meet with anyone. So maybe after that. I will continue to sell original art, also at the museum. It is entirely possible that Komikero Publishing can still be at conventions, but just not with me. It will be manned (or womanned) by either Zara or Ilyn, or both.

Thanks to the organizers of KOMIKON for the wonderful time I've had in every single event I attended, which is probably most of them. Thanks also to Komiket for being so accommodating and to Supermanila and Sandy Solis for making sure I got all that I needed and made it so easy for me.

1 comment: